Prep Time: 1 hr 50 minutes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup flour (gluten-free)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 pounds apple cored
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp powdered nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Apricot jam [OPTIONAL]
- For the pastry, add butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until brown.
- Add oats flour, salt and water to it and mix properly.
- Take it off heat and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pastry into a baking pan and spread evenly across the base and sides. Let it rest for 45 minutes in the fridge.
- Peel the cored apples and cut them in thin slices.
- In a bowl add the apples, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, apricot jam and mix.
- Spread apple sauce over the crust and line up the apple slices in it.
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees Fahrenheit and place the dish in the oven. Bake for an hour and keep checking from time to time.
- Let it cool before serving.
Sodium: 686 mg
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Total Sugars: 17.9g