Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large Eggplant, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup Almond flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the baking dish with parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Cut the eggplant into thin fries-like strips. They are crispy when they are thin.
- In a bowl, place the eggplant strips and mix with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and oregano.
- In a shallow dish, place the whisked egg and the flour in another.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese with breadcrumbs and place in a separate dish.
- Dip the eggplant sticks in the egg and then the flour.
- Dip in the egg again and then in the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture and place in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Keep doing it till all the eggplant sticks are done.
- Bake for 20-25 mins till the fries are golden brown. Flip the eggplant sticks after 10-12 mins, carefully to cook on both sides.
Sodium: 807 mg
Dietary Fiber: 8.9g
Total Sugars: 5.3g