Prep Time = 20 minutes
- 12 stalks fresh asparagus, woody bottom snapped off
- 1 large pink grapefruit, cut into segments
- 2 boiled eggs, sliced widthwise
- Fresh Basil to garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp grapefruit juice (leftover from segmenting grapefruit)
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
¼ cup Olive Oil (not extra virgin. Alternately substitute with sunflower or canola)
- Pre-heat griddle pan on high heat.
- Create marinade/ dressing; In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, grapefruit juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add ½ cup of oil and whisk until combined.
- Toss asparagus in marinade, remove from bowl and grill directly on griddle pan, rotating once grill marks form.