Prep Time = 15 minutes
- 1 (15.5-oz) can black beans
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 ear fresh corn or 1 cup canned corn
- 3/4 cup grated, low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-2 teaspoon water
- 6 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Cooking oil spray
- In a colander, drain and rinse black beans. Rinse zucchini and shred with a grater. Rinse and chop fresh spinach. If using fresh parsley or cilantro, rinse and chop. If using fresh corn, peel. Use a knife to cut corn kernels off of the cob.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and cook until zucchini is semi-soft about 5 minutes. Add corn and spinach. Cover and cook until tender, stirring a few times, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add black beans to the veggie mixture. Stir to combine. Smash beans lightly with a fork. Add 1-2 teaspoons of water to make a bean-and-veggie paste. If using parsley or cilantro, add now. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Reserve skillet.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese. Fold tortillas over. Press lightly with a spatula to flatten.
- Spray skillet lightly with cooking oil spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add one folded tortilla. Cook about 4 minutes per side, or until both sides of the tortilla are golden brown. Repeat until all the quesadillas are cooked.