- 1 Cup Turkey drippings from Pan
- 4 Cups Unsalted chicken or turkey stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sage chopped
- 2 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour or gluten-free flour
- After the turkey is roasted, set the roasting pan with the turkey drippings on a medium-high heat on the stove-top.
- Add the stock to the pan, then stir and scrape any turkey bits from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Strain and pour this gravy liquid into a bowl and place it in the fridge until the fat floats and hardens to the top.
- In a skillet or saucepan add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds then add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Remove hardened fat from the gravy with a spoon and place the stock in the saucepan. Add in the sage, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the stock is reduced by 1/4, or until about 3 cups of stock remain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and flour until well combined.
Pour milk mixture into the stock, stirring slowly.
- Continue to simmer and stir frequently until stock thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.