Prep Time = 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups white rice or sushi rice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Sashimi-grade salmon, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 4 red radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Cook rice following the instructions on the packet. Combine sugar and 1/2 of the vinegar into a bowl. Once the rice has cooled slightly, mix in the vinegar & sugar. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, wasabi, maple syrup and remaining vinegar until well mixed. Add the salmon and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with salmon mixture, and all of the chopped vegetables. Add sesame seeds on top as a garnish.