Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cooking Time = 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (soaked for 1 hour)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 large head of kale torn into chip size
- Preheat oven 150 degrees or set dehydrator to 115 F
- Blend the tahini, cashew nuts, nutritional year flakes, lemon juice, spiraling, garlic salt and 2-3 tbsp water to create a thick sauce.
- Place kale in a large bowl and pour over the tahini mixture. Massage the sauce into the kale using your hands- the kale will begin to wilt. Coat well.
- Grease baking sheet with coconut oil and arrange the kale in a single layer and bake in the oven for 15 minutes – then use a fork to flip chips over to cook 5-10 more minutes until crisp. They should be crunchy.
*If using a dehydrator, spread kale chips onto 2 trays and dehydrate for 8 hours (overnight).
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
- Calories: 159
- Carbs: 13
- Fat: 12
- Protein: 10
- Sodium: 471
- Sugar: 3